|| Teacher Certification Level Two
The instructor should be able to recognize and write these elements in music in addition to the elements in Certification Level One.
1. Scales and key signatures Major and minor (natural and harmonic)
2. Names and Roman numerals of scale degrees in Major keys
3. Chromatic scale
4. Intervals: Perfect, Major, and minor
· Triads: Major & minor, blocked & broken in root position and
· Diminished triads in root position
· Roots of inverted triads
· Primary and secondary triads in Major keys, harmonic minor keys
· Cadences: half, authentic, plagal, root position and common tone
· Dominant 7 th chord, root position
SIGNS AND TERMS
1. andantino, allegretto, presto, cantabile, expressivo, leggiero,subito, animato, con, con brio, con moto, largo, tranquillo, vivo, ostinato
2. arpeggio, tr or trill, parallel Major and minor, transposition, meter, imitation, enharmonic.
3. ornaments: mordent, appoggiatura, turn
The four periods of music history in order and at least one composer from each period.